Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Sunday, December 17, 2023

2023 Christmas Cards

 I always have an inspiration card that I find in Pinterest.  I will post my inspiration card when I can find it again.  


When creating these cards, the layouts are the same. The cardstock may be different and the way the card is completed may be different, but the process is still the same to make it. 

The first step to make this card was to decide the size.  Most cards I make will be 5.5" x 4.25".  This size is standard for most cards and easy to find envelopes for and they take only 1 stamp unless they have too many layers on them.

Because of the layers with the envelope point at the top of the card, I needed to make a template that looked balanced for the card.  The templates to the left are what I developed.  The bottom template is 4.25" x 4" with the angle I liked.  The next layer is 4" x 3.75".   The top layer is 3.75" x 3.5".  Each layer will set a
similar distance from the previous layer.  I can tell on mine I was off some, but that is not something I worry about much.  If it concerns you, then adjust as needed.  The base cardstock is 5.5" x 4.25" and the next layer would be 5.25" x 4" if you want a 2nd layer.

The die cuts I used for the Christmas Tree, the Joy to the World, and the Christmas Wishes sentiments are all from Simply Refined. Stacey makes wonderful products and you can find her online at Scrapbooking Made Simple.  This was her latest video when I made this post here.
.
Christmas Wishes #53128
Joy to the World     #53129
                                          Poinsettia Bouquet #53130      *****More info below


  The stamps used for this card was Stampin' Up Christmas Gleaming set that also uses their matching ornament punch.   The sentiment was an off brand stamp I found at a random store and I do not have the cover telling me where I got it at.  So sorry about that because it has become a favorite sentiment stamp for me.    Merry Christmas and Many Blessing for 2024!

I did make a 2nd card style that I had made card kits for last year and just made this year.  I did not take many pics of them, but here is one:

Again the base is 5.5" x 4.25".  I used an Ivory cs for the base, the next layer was a green designer paper measuring 5" x 3.75".  The kraft cs is 3.75" x 2.25" and the golden designer paper is 3.75" x 2".  The items used to decorate the card are digital labels purchased from Vectoria Designs.  You can go to her Etsy store here.










No comments:

Post a Comment