Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cards from Technique Tuesday classes


I have finally finished the cards from the Technique Tuesday classes I took at the CK Convention in Houston.  The first 5 cards are from the Expanding your Creative Border class:









The last card with the flowers and butterfly I am entering in the Paper Playtime Challenge .
The challenge is Flower Power.  I completed the card on Monday
although the borders were done at the workshop as well as
coloring the rick rack.  Hope this is still eligible. :)   


      The next 5 cards were from the Top Techniques for Tantalizing Cards:

There is a story behind the first card.  My Siamese Kitten, Bear,
 decided he  was going to help me Tuesday as I was making
this set of cards.  Most of these cards use Classic Technique
 Tiles from Technique Tuesday.   As I was detaching the tiles  
from their cardboard home, I would leave the excess edges
on my work table.  Bear was hovering around the table top
(My table is up against my computer desk), he would   
sneak in and take off with the edge pieces of the cardboard. 
On this card I had detached the ornate tile and had colored it
with CTMH Cranberry sp and let it dry.  I then usedthe
houndstooth acrylic stamp from the Dream Big stamp set
we received in the class.  I had attached the colored tile to the
stamped background and went left for a few minutes.  When I got
 back, the card was on the floor with a piece of the tile torn off and
 Bear playing with it.  While he was stealing the card top from my
work table he had also stepped in my CTMH Cocoa stamp pad.
  Needless to say Bear was in trouble ( I just scolded him), but I
think I managed to repair the damage except  for some tell tale
 brown spots left by Bear.                                                    

 



I really enjoyed making these cards.  The kit had everything but
the basic supplies and two of my own stamp pads.  I did get 2
 new acrylic stamp sets, one for each of the classes, a blue ink
 cube in the techniques class and a chalk blue and chalk gold ink
cube with the borders class plus directions and supplies to
complete all of the cards.  The classes werevery fast paced and
 we were really only able to cover techniques and pieces that
 were needed to complete the cards at home.  I still have the
 cards to make from the Cards for a year class, so more cards
 to make.   YEA!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Stephenie - wow! You have been busy, girl! As long as the completed card is not posted until after the challenge is posted, you're good to go! So this qualifies! Everything you made is gorgeous. I haven't done one of those cards yet with all the folds, but I keep saying I'm going to. It looks so intimidating to tackle. LOL Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete