Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Saturday, December 16, 2023

Double Twisted Ribbon Christmas Card

            

When creating these Christmas cards, I went to Youtube and found a video on creating this double twisted ribbon effect.  The person who explained this technique clearly for me was Terri Gaines and the link to her video is here.  My standard card size is 5.5" x 4.25".  The double twisted ribbon is on a 2" x 5.5" piece of white cs and layered onto a 2.25" x 5.5" piece of green cs.  I have a die for the JOY sentiment, but please use whatever you have available to use, whether a stamp, a sticker or a die cut. Always make use of your stash or supplies first.  I have a large supply of die cuts that I use with my cuttlebug, but I also have a cricut that I utilize when I am making a large amount of cutouts like I did with the holly leaves in different sizes that I used on this card.  I just cut out a few 12 x 12 pages worth of holly leaves in  2 or 3 sizes and store them in small zip lock bags.  I really like to use poinsettias on my cards and use holly leaves with the poinsettias or by themselves on ornaments to decorate my cards.  The poinsettia is created from one of a couple of die cut sets that I have.  The main reason I like the double twisted ribbon card besides the beautiful result, is that it is an easy way to use up small strips of gorgeous paper that you hate to throw away, but do not know how to use up.        





 

No comments:

Post a Comment