Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Saturday, December 16, 2023

Using Scraps on a Christmas Card


This red cs base is 5.5' x 4.25" and the next layer is white cs 4" x 5.25".  The sentiment is stamped in red ink on white cs and whatever size you cut the sentiment to, add a half inch to the top and end for the red cs size and center the sentiment and place on the card after you complete the designed paper layering. I took 1/2" of different designer papers (all scraps) and after laying the first strip down at the angle I wanted and placed it as close to the center as I wanted it, the next strip was then placed at a 90 degree angle with a slight gap and then I eye balled placing the next layers at 90 degree angles working up to the top.  Is this perfect?  No.  But I did not expect it to be and if you want it to be, do not do this card, it will drive you crazy.  You can mark it off with a quilting ruler and pencil if you really want to, but to me paper crafting is for fun, not to stress me out.  BUT, you do you and enjoy the process, however it makes you happy!  I use an ATG adhesive for my projects, but use what you have and feel comfortable with, as always with crafting, no right or wrong way to do it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment