Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Flutterby Wednesday

I was looking through some of the blogs I am following and saw that Flutter by Wednesday had a challenge finishing up tonight with the an inspiration picture with sunflowers.  I have not done a sunflower card in a while, so I quickly looked through my stamps and found my 2 step CTMH sunflower stamps with the leaf stamps.  I then found a Hero Arts stamp called Butterfly Bookmark.  Pretty appropriate since I need a butterfly, fairy or angel on my card also.  I stamped the butterfly stamp in CTMH Topiary and colored it in with watercolor pencils.  I stamped the butterfly again in CTMH Moonstruck, colored it in and cut it out and layered it over the first image.  I cut the bookmark out and layered it on green cardstock.  Next the sunflower and leaf was stamped with CTMH Sunflower and Chocolate stamp pads and cut it out.  I found some CTMH Sunflower cs and stamped it with a CTMH Scratches stamp in CTMH Chocolate.  I also had a small CTMH stamp that I thought would look good along the bottom and also in CTMH sunflower for a tone on tone look across the cardstock.  The bookmark was then centered on the sunflower cs and the cut out sunflower and leaves were added to complete the card.  It is a simple card, but I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment