Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Halloween Decoration

Halloween is not my favorite holiday, except for the candy! :)  Nevertheless, I know a lot of people who LOVE Halloween.  Our office has been decorated for Halloween, so after I saw Michele's post for a Witch's Boot, I thought I would make it for our office staff to decorate their desks.







I did not have a die for the boot shape, so I drew it on cardstock to make a pattern.  The boot is just shy of 7" tall and the width of the heel is 2 3/8" wide, so I cut a piece of black cs 9" x 10" and used the extra 2" to form the bottom of the box and scored the 10" side every 2 3/8" leaving a  1/2" edge.
I made a hinge from some extra black cs to keep the toe of the boot together.  I punched 5 holes down the front edge of the boot to put some large black brads through.  Next,  I used score tape to adhere the box between the sides of the boot.  I took some designer paper and used a border punch to make a decorative edge and cut the desired width to fold over the top of the box and around the outside of the boot and taped it down.  The last step was to cut some sheer orange ribbon long enough to thread around the brads and make a bow at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment