Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Friday, November 23, 2018

Piano jewelry box

A few years ago, I made a pirate's chest as a graduation gift for one of my nieces.  This year her sister graduated and because of her love of music, I made her a piano box.

As you can see the top raises to disclose a place for jewelry or whatever.



At the front of the piano is a drawer with a chain pull.






On the side of the piano and under it there are 3 drawers.

To make this box, I drew the shape that I wanted for the piano and cut out 2 heavy chipboard pieces in this shape.  I cut a few pieces of 2 inch strip from lightweight chipboard and using construction strips attached the chipboard to one piano shape.  I sectioned off a rectangle with heavy chipboard on the inside of the piano to form the drawer box.  Next I added the top of the drawer box.  I attached the other heavy chipboard to the top with construction strips.  Next, I built the drawer boxes to fit under the piano.  After that I built the 4 drawers.  Finally, I decorated everything with designer paper...the part that is very difficult for me to do and takes me the longest to complete.  Congratulations, Krista on your graduation and taking the next steps in your musical career.

11 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous.such a sweet image, I love the soft colours and beautiful detailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. b7052ce3a9d114af8ead85bded5af3b2
    sms onay
    website kurma
    website kurma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. 3f78630c0949d91d1e195b9f55236421
    define dedektörü

    ReplyDelete