Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Monday, December 28, 2015

O Christmas Card

Note:  I have duplicated this post on my new website:  JSS Journeys

I am always looking for ways to motivate me to start making my Christmas cards early so that I am not mailing them out on Christmas Eve as I have done so many times in the past!  So as an incentive to start early, I asked my Sunday School class  in August if they would like to have a Christmas Card workshop to make cards.  They thought it would be a great idea, especially as a lot of them had never made their own cards.  We set up a date in November and so my task began.  I had two criteria in making card kits for the workshop...
              1. I wanted to use up my Christmas paper scraps and
              2. I wanted them simple enough to make in bulk

My first stop was Pinterest.  Wow, there are a lot of talented people who love to share their ideas!!  I set up a Christmas Board to house my finds and if you would like to see it, you can find it here.

The trouble that I had was picking just a few cards to make, I think I ended up with about 10 different cards to make, more or less!!  I made around 20 kits per card to make sure the ladies could make more than one of the same card if they wanted.  Each card set was put in a sandwich baggy and all of them put in gallon zip lock bags with a sample.  I tried to stick with cards that used paper strips, but there were a few that I just could not resist that did not use strips.

A great benefit of making these kits up is I was able to make my cards from the leftover kits...a win - win for me.  This would be a great project to start now for next year.

All of the card bases are 4.25 inches by 5.5 inches.

Card #1:  
                   Black cardstock:   1 - 4.25" x 5.5"
                                                 2 - 1.25" x 4.5"
                                                 1 - 2.25" x 5.25"
                                                 1 - 4.25" x width of sentiment plus .25"
                   Christmas b&t:     1 - 4" x 5.25"
                                                 2 - 1" x 4.25"
                                                 1 - 2" x 5"
                   White cardstock:   1 sentiment - 4" x width of sentiment

Card #2:                                                
                   Christmas b&t:    4 - 1" x 4"
                   Berry colored cardstock:  1.25" x 4.25"

                   For this Poinsettia I used leaves cut out from red paper using my cricut.  For the kits, I    used my spellbinder poinsettia die.  If you have a leaf punch, that would work also.  I used a stylus to add texture to the leaves and then arranged into the poinsettia shape.  I added bling for the center of the poinsettia.

Card #3 and #4:        

These 2 cards are made the same way, the only difference is the buckle and holly leaves.
              Red b&t:    4 - 1" x 5"    Note:  I trimmed these strips a little bit to fit the paper
              Black or patterned paper:   1.25" x 4.25"

              Card 3:    Silver metallic paper cut in square 1.5" x 2" or a punch for shape
                              Black cardstock:  1.25" x 1.75" (add inside silver for belt piece)

               Card 4:    Stamp and cut out or die cut holly leaves 3 - 5 as desired
                               Bling or punched circles for holly berries


Card #5:
                 Blue b&t:     4" x 5.25"
                 White cardstock:   1 -  1 11/16" circle
                                                   1 -  1 1/4" circle            
                                                   1 - 2" circle
                                                   1 - oval for sentiment
                 Brown cardstock:  MS branch punch - trimmed to twigs for hands
                 Orange cardstock:  small triangle for nose
                 Black marker for eyes, mouth and buttons
                 red ribbon
                 foam tape or pop dots to pop up the circle for the head to tie ribbon
         Note:  I used my cricut to multi cut the circles...much faster.

Card #6:
               Red cardstock:  4.25" x 5.5"
               White cardstock:  4" x 5.25"  - embossed with Candy Cane embossing folder
               Christmas b&t:  1 - 1' x 4"
                                          1 - 1" x 2.75"
                                          1 - 1" x 3.25"
               White cardstock:  stamped with sentiment and punched
               Green cardstock:  option to punch MS branch punch with red bling

Card #7:
               Green cardstock:  1 - 4.25" x 5.5"
                                            1 - 3" x 4.5"
               White cardstock:  1 - 4" x 5.25" embossed with swiss dots embossing
                                                                   folder
                                            1 - 2.75" x 4.25"  embossed with Intricate swirl or preferred
                                                                          embossing folder
                                            1 - oval punched sentiment
               Green ribbon


Card #8:
              Red cardstock or b&t:  4.25" x 5.5" embossed with holly ribbon embossing
                                                                               folder
              White cardstock:    Option to stamp and punch the letters "J" "O" "Y"
                                                           or chipboard letters
                                              Poinsettia die cut or white leaves to make poinsettia  

Card #9:
               Green cardstock:  4.25" x 5.5"
                                             tag with white cardstock sentiment
               White cardstock:  3.75" x 5.25" embossed with sheet music embossing
                                                               folder cut into 3 strips about 1 1/8" wide
               Green ribbon

Card #10:
               Red cardstock:  4.25" x 5.58"
               White cardstock:  4" x 5.25" embossed with Lattice Squares embossing
                                                              folder
                                            small tag with sentiment
               Christmas b&t:  1.5" x 2"
                                          1.5" x 1.5"
                                          1.75" x 3"
               Green cardstock:  scrap piece cut with decorative scissors
               Red Ribbon


Products used on cards:
                Paper:  Close to My Heart, The Paper Studio, Michael's
                Stamps and Stamp Pads:  Close to My Heart
                Punches:  We R Memory Keepers, Martha Stewart, Stampin' Up
                Embossing Folders:  Darice, Sizzix, Cuttlebug
                Dies and Die Cuts:  Spellbinders, Cricut
                Ribbon:  Joann's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby
                Bling:  Want2Scrap












No comments:

Post a Comment