Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Monday, June 18, 2012

Medallions

I have been seeing some awesome pendents using design paper and epoxy domes.  I found some cool bottle cap bezels from The Jewelry Shoppe to experiment with and because I wanted to make a unique jewelry piece for Candice, my exchange student, I started playing with ideas.  I started with these items:


First, I used the 1.25" circle punch to punch out a circle from the map page over the location I wanted to highlight.


In this picture I highlighted the Denton area, because I am going to make another bezel for my granddaughter and I did not take pictures while I was making my first bezels.

Since the 1.25" circle is a little large for the bezel, I pressed the circle into the bezel to get a fit and then trimmed it down.
I then put Mod Podge on the back of the circle...

and lined up the circle with the top of the bezel.


Next, I covered the whole piece with Mod Podge.
 This is what it looks like after the Mod Podge is dried.

I experimented with adding clear Aleene's glue to give the look of epoxy without using epoxy or ice resin.  As you can see, there are some indentions because the glue was not finished drying before I had to give them to Candice to pack.  

Thanks for stopping by and if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment