Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Thank you and Fall cards


This card is made from a Music sheet from the The Graphics Fairy , I did not link directly to this image because it would take a long time to get back to it.  This website is AWESOME to find an image for a particular theme or holiday.  The "Thank You" sentiment is from Stampabilities and the "This Music Belongs to" is from CTMH.  The paper is from The Paper Studio Flourish Fusion.

All of the stamps used for this card are from CTMH.  I love this alphabet set and the solid leaves stamps.  The stamp pads are CTMH Autumn Terracotta, Orange, Sunflower Yellow and Vineyard Berry.  The Vineyard Berry looks purple, but is really has a red color to it.  I had seen a technique in one of the paper magazines in which the artist stamped leaves on rice paper and spritzed it with water.  I really liked the look of the resulting paper but did not have rice paper.  What I did was stamp the leaves on watercolor paper using several generations of stamping using different stamps and colors and then spritzed it with water.  In the areas I got too much water in, I just patted it with paper towels to absorb some of the excess water.  After letting it dry, I cut it to the size I needed for the card.  The pearls in the corner are from Want2Scrap.  I really love all of their embellishments, they are pretty and very affordable.   

The images on this card are die cuts from a CTMH Fall Scrapbook Kit.  The sentiment is also from CTMH, stamped in CTMH Autumn Terracotta.  The paper is from 7gypsies.  With all of the cards I have seen using doilies lately, I went in search of some.  I had trouble finding doilies at first, but went back to the cake decorating section at Wal-Mart and found several different sizes at a very affordable price.  

This image is also from The Graphics Fairy , I printed it out on an ivory cardstock, then tinted the images with my Tombow Blending pen.  More paper from The Paper Studio Flourish Fusion.  Another doily in the background with Want2Scrap pearls for accents.

The same details on the image and paper as the previous card.  I added sheer ribbon and misc. buttons I have picked up in different places.

Another The Graphics Fairy image, textured orange cardstock from Core' dinations Flower Power, b&t paper from My Mind's Eye, Best of Damask.  The flourish is cut using the Cindy Loo Cricut cart and Want2Scrap pearls are used for accents.  Misc. lace and a paper strip cut with a Martha Stewart Border Punch is under the image.

The base under the sentiment is cut from the Forever Young Cricut cart and the flourish from the Cindy Loo Cricut cart.  The sentiment is printed on Microsoft Word and cut out.  The acorns and leaves are from CTMH stamps stamped in CTMH Oak Brown, Sunflower, Autumn Terracotta, and Cocoa.

Sentiment is again printed from Microsoft Word.  The b&t paper is from The Paper Studio Flourish Fusion, the black and white is generic cardstock.  The beautiful leaves are other die cuts from a CTMH Fall Scrapbook Kit.

The paper is from My Mind's Eye, Lost and Found, sentiment printed out from Microsoft Word.  Misc. buttons with CTMH waxy flax threaded through and tied off.

Hope you enjoyed these cards.  All of these cards are inspired from various artists whose blogs I follow, like Andrea from Ewen Style , Linda from Linda's Works of Heart , Christine from Hope and Chances , Jill from Inspired by... , Eli from Cards by Eli , and Polly fromPolly's Paper Studio as well as so many talented people who share their gifts for all of us to be inspired by.  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment