Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Designed 2 Delight Digi Stamp

This week, the participants in the Designed2Delight Challenges were able to decide which digi image they used.  Faith was generous in giving us a voucher to purchase the image directly from her store.  WOW, that was a very difficult decision!!  There are so many images I wanted to try and though her images are very affordable, we are having carpet installed in our bedrooms in a few weeks and I am trying to be good. : )   I think I will start my Wish List and treat myself to an early Christmas present! 

Back to my card that I had planned on doing earlier, but we had to paint one of the bedrooms to get it ready for the new carpet...DIY never ends!!  I found this great paper fold technique from Shelly's Images Blog and Shelly was inspired by Valita's Fresh Folds .  They both have very good videos on how to make these folds and beautiful examples.  They also just colored the edges of the top folds and added background paper to the base.  I changed that and added background paper on each level of the folds.  This may make it look like I just layered paper and not made the folds, but I am planning another card with ink on the edges of the fold to highlight the folds.  I do have 2 layers of paper under the digi image, if you look closely, there is some green paper outlining the colored image.  The golden orange paper is from the Background Fairy .  The other papers were from Colorbok Punch Outs-Bright.  The really cool image is Dragonfly Collage from the Designed 2 Delight store .


I am also entering this card in:
                                365 Cards - Backgrounds
                                Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. what a pretty little card - lovely design
    Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card.... love dragon flies..

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete