Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tropical Summer

Designed 2 Delight is having a Friday FREE Stamp of the Month Challenge Image.  Each week Designed 2 Delight sends a free image each Friday, IF you entered the previous week's challenge.  The concept is everyone is part of their design team and everyone gets free images.  This is the first week for me to enter their challenge so I did purchase this week's image Tropical Summer to participate, but their images are GREAT and AFFORDABLE !  So this is my design using Designed 2 Delight Tropical Summer digital image.




Now, before I go any further, I have to thank There She Goes Clear Stamps Hibiscus Blog Hop for ideas on designing my card.  So, I printed the Tropical Summer image onto watercolor paper in wallet size images.  I used CTMH markers and stamp pads in Cranberry, Pansy Purple, Ocean, Orange, and Lilac.
To get the shaded effect, I used the marker around the outside edges of each petal and used a Tombow Blending Pen to blend the color to the middle of each petal.  Each flower was cut out and I did color 8 of the 9 images I printed out (I messed up one flower) :(  but I do have extra flowers for another card :).
The card base was cut from Memories Forever cardstock at 5.5" x 4.25".  I then used a Cuttlebug embossing folder "Victorian Flourishes" on the base cs.  The green cardstock is cut at 4.5" x 2.75".  The next layer is designer paper from My Mind's Eye, the Laundry Line.  The largest spellbinder nestabilities Label 4 die is used to cut out the shape.  The top layer is green cardstock cut using the second smallest die from the spellbinder set.  The sentiment is heat embossed using white embossing powder.  Thanks again to Designed 2 Delight for this AWESOME design team concept!!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the flowers and bright colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun colors used for this card! Like what you did with this weeks image! Thanks for joining us at Designed 2 Delight!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete