Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Friday, May 27, 2011

Stickpin Swap

Christel over at Scrappin' Sista hosts a monthly swap.  I took a couple of months off, but I am finally back on the swaps again.  This month the swap is to make two stickpins.  I really enjoyed this because
you can only put a few beads on the stickpin and still have room on the end to stick it on something. I went with a vintage look for my stickpins.  The clear crackle beads reminded me of the glass doorknobs that are seen in heritage homes.  I did make a matchbook cover to hold the stickpins.  One of the youtube videos I watched showed the crafter making matchbook covers for her stickpins and they looked so nice, I wanted to make them.  The matchbook covers are 2 inches wide and 6 inches long.  I scored the paper at 1/2", 3", and 3.5".  Next, I cut ivory cardstock at 2" by 2.5" to stick the pins into.  I folded the 1/2" over, placed the  ivory cardstock into the valley and stapled it down.  I stuck the stickpins on the ivory cardstock and closed the cover.  I hope you enjoy them and I can not wait to get my swaps in exchange.



No comments:

Post a Comment