Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Share the Blessings of your Home

If you have checked out my blog for long, you should be aware that I have hosted foreign exchange students for several years now.  Not only am I a host parent, I am also a coordinator for the EF Foundation.  A coordinator finds host families for exchange students and does all of the things that the State Dept. deems necessary to make sure the family is a safe environment for the students.  We are already looking for families to host students for the 2011-2012 school year.  A new program just started is the Recruiter Program.  After filling out an application and having a background check done, a Recruiter will be able to find possible family leads, turn them over to a coordinator to follow up on, and receive $100 for every family that signs up.  If you think you would be interested in becoming a Host Family, a Recruiter, or a Coordinator, you can email me at stephs361@yahoo.com or find more information at http://www.effoundation.org/ .  This work is very rewarding, it is a way to learn about other cultures and a way to make a positive impact on a young person.  Thanks in advance for thinking about and maybe acting on hosting an exchange student!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I never realized people hosted students year after year. That is amazing! I love you blog, and I love your work. I will stop by often!

    Thanks for stopping by One By One the Flamingos are Stealing My Sanity today!
    Janice - flamingo dt
    www.cricutconfessions.com

    ReplyDelete