Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January SWAP

I am so excited this month to be involved in things I have wanted to do, but did not take the time to find someone hosting them.  Confused yet? lol  What I am trying to say is that besides being a host on a blog hop with One By OneThe Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity this weekend, I entered a Cricut swap with Christel at Scrappin' Sista .  Christel is planning on hosting a swap every month, but is restricting it to 20 people a month, for now.  Funnily enough, the reason I have a blog is because Momo at Made by Momo was hosting a swap that I wanted to do, so even though Momo said I did not need a blog to participate, I bit the bullet and started a blog.  Poor Patti at My Creative Mind was my partner.  We were to find out which cricut carts our partners had and decide what cuts we wanted.  Patti was awesome and did the cuts and put all of the layers together.  Unfortunately, I did not know I was supposed to do this, so I made several different options of layers for each cut and sent the whole thing unassembled to Patti.  Anyhoo, to get back to my excitement about this swap, Christel has given very clear instructions on size and theme for this swap, so no unassembled cuts on this one (lol).   Christel is a very talented artist, who is also a host on the blog hop this weekend, so please visit her blog if you are interested in doing a swap.


My swap item is from the Cindy Loo cart (I got it during the holiday sales), and I call it the heart fleur de lis.  The cuts needed to be approximately 3 inches and with a Valentine's Day theme.  My paper is My Mind's Eye, Laundry Line by Jen Wilson, purchased at Hobby Lobby and the pale pink glitter paper is a glitter paper pack from Wal-Mart.  The extra bling is from gold glitter glue and gemstone stickers.
I had to make 20 of these, though I did make an extra one for a friend of mine. (Hi, Dalinda!)

1 comment: