Welcome to the "I Have a Dream" Blog Hop. If you did not arrive from Rachel's blog, you need to
start HERE . The Grand Prize Blog Candy is the Dreams Come True Cartridge, donated by an anonymous donor!! In order to be eligible to win, you need to leave a comment on each and every stop on the hop, along with a way to contact you. Karelj will choose a winner by random.org on the 18th and announce it on her blog, as well as contacting the winner personally.
As a Host, I needed to make a project that represented the "I Have a Dream" theme. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Great Man who made a Tremendous impact on our society, but I did not know how to translate that into a project that would do it justice, so I chose to focus on the words of our theme. Dreaming to me equals night with plenty of stars in the sky with a moon nestled amongst them getting ready for a dream-filled sleep.
The stamps I used were CTMH Nightime Bear, CTMH Nighttime (the Moon), a CTMH star and Starry Night from Stampede. The background paper reminded me of wallpaper and it is from K & Company Life's Journey paper pack. Dark blue cs was cut a 4.5" x 4.5" and repeatedly stamped with the Starry Night stamp using a Versamark stamp pad. CTMH Silver embossing powder was the first layer used on the stars, then while still hot from the heat gun, Holographic embossing powder from Ranger was sprinkled over it to give the stars sparkle. When this was completed, the embossed cardstock was cut into 9 - 1.5" x 1.5" squares. Make sure you keep these squares in order so they are adhered to the 5"x5" white cs in the correct order. As the squares are adhered a small space needs to be kept between each piece to simulate a window. The moon is stamped with a Versamark stamp pad and CTMH Gold embossing powder is used. A CTMH Pepperwood stamp pad is used to stamp the teddy bear. The moon and teddy bear are colored with watercolor pencils and blended with baby oil and then fussy cut. I layed the moon on the starry background until I found where I wanted it to go and then I cut it up to fit the window. A strip of red flannel is cut for the bear to sit on. The inside sentiment is typed in 2Peas Mademoiselle font in Microsoft Word, cut down and layered on dark blue cs. A star embossed with CTMH Gold embossing powder and fussy cut was adhered to the end of a piece of ribbon.
Now the fun stuff! Please leave a comment to be entered in the Grand Prize drawing of a "Dream Come True" Cricut cart by Karel at One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity on January 18th. Make sure to leave a way to contact you on your comment. Also, I will have some blog candy:
Col's blog. Thanks for stopping by!
In case you get lost along the way, here is the list of blogs in this blog hop:
1. Karelj at One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity http://karelj.blogspot.com/
2. Nicolette at Beyond Scrapping http://www.beyondscrapin.blogspot.com/
3. Christel at Scrappin' Sista http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com/
4. Celeste at Touched By a Butterfly http://www.touchedbyabutterfly.blogspot.com/
5. Rachel Henahan at Suburban Crafter http://www.rachelstampshappy.blogspot.com/
6. Stephenie at SS Crafter http://www.sscrafter.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE!
7. Col at Col's Creative Corner at http://www.scrappycol.blogspot.com/
8. Jessica at Overjoyed Scrapper http://www.overjoyedscrapper.blogspot.com/
9. Krista and Kori at 2 Crafty Chicks http://2craftychics.blogspot.com/
10. Gina at Gina Thornton Stamping http://ginathorntonstamping.blogspot.com/
11. Monique at Unique Monique at http://uniquemonique01.blogspot.com/
12. Kathryn at Creations with Kathryn at http://wamfamily.blogspot.com/