Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

More Monogram Sets

Sorry it has been a while since I posted anything.  School has been very hectic the last few weeks and unfortunately, I developed a hernia and that has caused me a lot of pain the last 3 weeks until I had my surgery this past Friday.  I am slowly feeling better, so glad of that!! :)

Although, I have not posted anything, I have been crafting.  That is the only thing that has made the last few weeks bearable. (you know what I am talking about)  The other reason I have not posted what I have worked
on is because they were gifts for my exchange kids for their birthdays and I did not want to take a chance they would see them early.  First up is a card set for Nolapan, from Thailand.  Her favorite color is white or multi-colors, so that was the basis for her set of cards and card box.




The measurements are basically the same as my other sets, but the details of how I decorated them is the cards are white cs embossed with the Cuttlebug embossing folder Allegro.  Some lace I received from my Mom was used around the edges of the cs.  The center was stamped with Kaleidacolor Pastel using the CTMH Alfresco medallion acrylic stamp.  Finally I used a circle punch on her initial that was Edwardian Script at 72 pt from Microsoft Word.

The next set I made is for Nik, from Germany.  Nik really is fascinated by the Civil War era of American History, so I used this information to design his card.  I hope no one takes exception to his cards, in no way do I support the Southern side of the Civil War or what it represented, but it is the asthetic of this time that Nik likes.




The base of his cards are red cs embossed with the Cuttlebug embossing folder Stars.  White cs is also embossed with this folder and individual stars were cut out to place on the white and blue stripes.  The center shield was actually a road sign acrylic stamp from Scrappy Cat Clear Stamps Travel Phrases with the edges rotated in CTMH Grey wool sp and stamped on white cs.  These were cut out and the initial again was from Edwardian Script at 72 pt from Microsoft Word and fussy cut so that it would fit in the middle of the shield.

Finally, I just finished the cards for Anna, from Denmark, this week.  They were put in the mail on Tuesday, so I know she will not receive them before her birthday, so if she sees this post:  I hope you like them, Anna!! Anna's favorite color is Baby Pink and she loves zebra print, so I combined those two things to make her card.



The base for the cards is CTMH Baby Pink cs, then CTMH black cs embossed with Cuttlebug embossing folder Animal Prints - Zebra, sanded down.  CTMH cs stock is necessary for this layer because it has a white core that shows through with sanding, giving depth to the card.  The zebra print design paper was purchased from Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago and was cut into a square with rounded corners and then a circle punch to back the initial again from Edwardian Script 72 pt punched with a 1.25" circle punch.  The edge of the zebra paper was sponged with CTMH Grey Wool sp.  Another circle was punched from the Baby Pink and all layered for the look above.


No comments:

Post a Comment