Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Thursday, November 4, 2010

Another Monogram Card Set





After making my previous monogram card set, I got to thinking of
 who else I could make a set for...no, not you yet! :)  My boss's
daughter is getting married in January and I was invited to her
 bridal shower this weekend.  I went in with everyone in the
office for a nice gift, but I thought that she might need some
Thank you cards for all of the gifts she received.  I did find out she
had already purchased some Thank you cards, so I decided to
make my cards generic enough that they could be used at a later
date for just note cards.

Her wedding colors are Marine Blue, so of course that was my
base color or as close as I could get with the CTMH Outdoor
Denim cs.  The next layer is 3.75" x 5" white cs that is embossed
with a cuttlebug embossing folder called Ornamental Iron.  The
medallion, an acrylic stamp from Clear Stamps called Crillon
Filigree from Scrapbucks, is stamped in CTMH Outdoor Denim on
white cs and hand cut.  The Monogram is from an Edwardian
Script printed from Microsoft Word at size 72, cut with a    
1 11/16" circle punch and sponged with Outdoor Denim.

The box bottom was made by cutting white cardstock to 8 3/8" x
9 5/8" and scored at 2" all around, cut and taped to form a box. 
The box top was made with the measurements of 8.5" x 9 6/8" and
scored at 2" all around.  The top of the box was decorated with a
card front and the sides had blue cs cut to size.

1 comment: