Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Saturday, October 30, 2010

Christmas tag



Another blog I follow by receiving emails when there is a new post is Dawn McVey on Raspberry Suite.  Dawn has made the cutest tags using a technique she found: "Nichole's lazy stamper accordian medallion idea".  The link to Dawn's blog is here for her post and pictures of her tags.  I have only made one, but Dawn has a bunch.  I received my extra large scallop punch that I purchased from Stamping Up today and knew I had to make one of these tags.  The products I used were B&T paper from CTMH in Cranberry and a CTMH tag, To/From, Merry Christmas stamp as well as a small holly stamp from an unremembered set, a 2" punch from Marvy and a 1 1/4" punch from McGill.  I punched 2 scallops and on each scallop I scored across the valley from side to side with my Martha Stewart Scor-pal rotating the scallop 7 times until all had been scored.  Then punch a small hole in the center of both scallop circles.  My eyesight is poor when using a small hole punch so I marked the center with a dark dot to make sure I punched in the right spot. Then you cut from one scored mark to the center so you can fold all the score marks starting with a mountain fold and ending in a mountain fold, again doing this on both scallop circles. Next, to connect the two circles together, place the first mountain fold from one scallop over the first mountain fold of the second scallop using tape to hold in place.  Do this on both sides, joining the two scallop circles so that each scallop is half of the whole circle.  Now you have an accordian medallion.  Next I stamped and cut out a tag, cut some patterned paper 2" x 2.5" and taped onto the tag.  Stamp the To/From on the back with a small holly stamp in the corner.  Then punch out a 2" circle of cs and using some foam tape center it over the accordian medallion, this was the hardest part for me.  I could not keep my accordian pleats very even, so if you find an easy way to do this, please share with me!! :)  Next stamp Merry Christmas on white cs and use the 1.25" punch to cut out and tape to 2" circle.  I then used a white gel pen to doodle around it because it seemed too plain to me, added the twine to the tag and was finished!  The wonderful thing about this is you can bling it up as much as you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment