Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Monday, July 26, 2010

Hello Friend!



The challenge for Stamping Vacation gives a choice of sentiment to base your card on.  I chose the sentiment "Maybe I can't stop the rain, but I'll always share my umbrella."  When I saw this digi stamp on Sliekje digi Stamps blog, I knew it was the perfect image for this challenge.  I used the sketch from Anyone for Anya, but it is not eligible for the challenge.  I also entered this card in the Anything Goes challenge for  Cowgirl's Sunday Stampen Challenge .

The card has a 6x6 base from CTMH New England Ivy cs and the patterned paper is from the CTMH Lovely Leaves paper packet.  The image is from Sliekje digi Stamps ,who is generous to share her lovely art for free, and I colored it with Sargent Art Water Pencils and blended it with baby oil.  I mounted the image on CTMH Outdoor Denim.  The sentiment is using the Inked God font and I used CTMH waxy flax for decoration.

6 comments:

  1. Perfect for the Name That Card challenge! Absolutely perfect! Love the heart shaped raindrops! Terrific job!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Vacation. You have an entry in the gift certificate drawing on August 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Stephanie, this is a fab 'just because' card.
    You know the type you send even when it's not someone's birthday. Thank you for sharing your card with us at CSSC and we hope you will be able to join us again next week. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Cowgirl‘s Sunday Stamp‘en Challenge and i hope you will be back next week for our new challenge, with one of your great artwork!! :o)

    Hugs
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww supercute card!! Love the image and the colours are gorgeous
    Thanks for joining us at CSSC, hope to see you again next week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet card, unfortunately it isn't eligible for the Anyone for Anya challenge as you haven't used a Greeting Farm or CC Designs image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for following. I am following you now too. Your card is so cute!!
    Hugs
    Cristi

    ReplyDelete