Pages

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog! I currently post about my crafting journey, but plan to add more pages that touch on the other life journeys my husband and I are taking. Please stay tuned as we share these experiences. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you find something to inspire you!


Stephenie



Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge #2


This bookmark is for the Pause Dream Enjoy challenge.  The technique I used is what I call the stained glass technique.  I layed out different colors and shapes on a adhesive background.  For this one I actually used a magnet backing.  After everything is in place you pour embossing powder over it to stick in the places between the paper.  I chose to use silver embossing powder, but you can use whatever color takes your fancy. Heat set the powder as usual.  The paper I used was scrap pieces from The Paper Studio and the ribbon was from a Target 6-pack grosgrain ribbon.  Hope you like the result.

4 comments:

  1. What a clever idea. I've never done this before, but I don't emboss so I don't have what I would need. This is a really cool effect. What a fantastic way to use your scraps! Thanks for playing along with the challenge! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. As you can tell from most of my work, I emboss a lot!! If you want to try, the only 3 colors you need to start are white, silver, and gold. The technique I used on my ATC was white embossed and then you go over it using dabber with different colors to create a contrast effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous...you are so talented, girl! I also love the stationary set and I am trying to get up the nerve to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promise you the stationary set is sooooo easy! I made a diagram for each step with markings for cuts and score lines. Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete